Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just A Call

Today I was reminded of something I often forget, my husband is to be my first priority. He called just to say hi in between surgeries and do you know what I did? You do! I told him about my whole day so far with the kids in about 1min. LOL. I have to laugh at myself, alot. He just called to say hi & I love you. He did not call to check on the kids or to get the daily report. All I needed to do was say that I love him too and I'm glad he took time to call, oh and that I can't wait to see him tonight.
The call was good for me. I got a personal call and a listening, more like trapped, ear. But what was that call like for my dear husband? Was he affirmed? Will he want to call again another day if he has time? I'm not sure he will want to. Actually I know him and I know he will call again and I will have another opportunity to spill it all or just affirm him in love. Next time he calls like that I will think before I speak and I will be planning to just keep the kid report for another time.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a great thought. How often I do the same thing. Even when it is funny things and I'm not unloading stresses, I should still just affirm him and enjoy his voice. Great word! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your encouragment! I'll keep visiting now that I've found your blog. :)

The Maggio Family said...

that's so true. i do the same thing.