Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home Sweet Home

What I want for my family is not too far off from what the Lord wants for us. I want a peaceful home, a safe neighborhood and neighbors we can trust. Life containing peace, being in a safe place and having trustworthy friends are all things that the Lord wants for us too. The difference is found in the placement and packaging.
As we search for our next home my mind paints a picture that the Lord may not be 100% behind. I struggle to hold loosely the double oven, real wood floors, lush back yard and stroller friendly sidewalks. The Lord knows what I want more than I do and he also sees what we will need, beyond what we see. These truths get me looking beyond our next spot to call home and into my life as is. What routes have I pursued, planned and purchased that are not on the Lord's list of things he wants me to be, do and have?
So many verses come to my mind about this. The one that sticks though says to seek his kingdom first and that all these things I need will be provided for me. (Matt 6:33) I have to keep focused on the true purpose of my life and the true provider for my life. All I can ever need is in him and I do not need to go searching elsewhere for anything.

1 comment:

The Maggio Family said...

yep, so true. i can remember so many times in my life being wrapped up in the perfect car or perfect outfit or hairstyle--always envious that so & so has the perfect life and the perfect walk with the Father. i still do that on occasion, but i think i am learning more & more that my walk with the Lord is MY walk and i cant envy that nor can i envy having the ideal home & garden kitchen or any of those things. thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.